Roman Jets Out For £40million Ribery Raid?  

Tuesday, 11 August 2009

Getting a bit lively in The Transfer Tavern as Ian McGarry from The Sun tells us, that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovic is set to fly out to Germany to “make a £40million raid” on Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich for Franck Ribery.

It said, that the Blues chief called Bayern general manager Uli Hoeness over the weekend and made his intentions clear on luring French International Ribery to Stamford Bridge from the Allianz Arena, with Abramovic prepared to smash the British transfer record to land the winger.

“Uli was taken by surprise by the phone call but was very honest and courteous with Mr Abramovich,” a senior Bayern source is quoted as saying.

“We are still resolved to keep Ribery but Hoeness agreed to meet with Abramovich in Germany to discuss any offer.”

Ian claiming, that Sunsport revealed last month, Premier League champions Manchester United along with Chelsea would make offers for 26-year-old Ribery this summer. Abramovic said to have taken the lead as the Red Devils are yet to make a bid.

It said new Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti had been promised a big-name signing by the Russian billionaire this summer, but has seen offers for Brazilians Alexandre Pato and Kaka end in failure.

Ribery apparently favouring a move to La Liga giants Real Madrid, with Bayern afraid the French star might have signed a similar pre-contract to that of Cristiano Ronaldo and make the switch to the Bernabeu next summer.

So what sort of liquid lubrication helped this one along? Will Abramovic manage to lure Ribery to the Premiership in a £40million deal? Should this rumour Fly or Die?

Player Profile & Video Franck Ribery>>


Design by