Chamakh wants Arsenal move  

Sunday 7 February 2010

Marouane Chamakh has revealed that he wants to move to England this summer when he becomes a free agent, and has stated Arsenal are the club he wants to sign for.

A host of teams have been chasing the highly-rated Moroccan international, who is out of contract at Bordeaux in the summer, but he has now revealed he wants to sign for the Gunners.

Arsenal tried to sign the 26-year-old last summer but could not agree terms, but Arsene Wenger has retained his interest.

However, in recent times Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea, Everton and Sunderland have all made contact with Chamakh's representatives as he is now free to talk terms with any interested clubs.

Inter Milan, Juventus and Sevilla have also been in touch, but Chamakh has now confirmed that he wants to move to the Emirates.

"My future? Well, I hold all the cards, I have no reason to be under pressure but everyday passing by, I am a little less a Bordeaux player," he revealed.
Arsenal

"My choice is to join Premier League and if I could choose, I will go to Arsenal.

"Bordeaux has brought me so much. I will soon clearly state things so the club can prepare to find my replacement peacefully."

Chamakh is full of praise for Bordeaux boss Laurent Blanc.

"Laurent Blanc has brought us a winning state of mind, he has taught us how to hate defeat," he told L'Equipe.

"Both on mental and physical levels, I am at my best. Three years ago, I was still a little crazy. Now I can manage my efforts, which allows me to be more clear-sighted at the end of the match.

"I have improved, but I can still improve. I am not only happy to play anymore. I have become someone who wants to win. I am more a scorer, but not enough yet. There are too many situations where I still do a pass for a player in a better position."

Followers

Design by www.typegoalz.com