Thomas Vermaelen to move?  

Thursday 4 June 2009


Reports emerging today indicate that we have pounced on Ajax's centre-back, Thomas Vermaelen, for a fee of around 10 million pounds.

The Belgian defender has been linked persistently for the past few weeks with a move to Arsenal and it now looks as if Wenger has his man.

Vermaelen, 23, has been in impressive form for Ajax this season and hinted at a potential switch to an English Premier League side a few days ago: "I do not know much," he said. "I hear [speculation], but I can say little about it. It would be nice, but I'm not there yet.

"The Premier League is attractive to me. We played against Aston Villa and the game was played the way it should be.

"For the public it is the number one sport."

It has also been reported that the transfer will be confirmed within 48 hours.

IKE

Followers

Design by www.typegoalz.com