Wenger on Maicon trail  

Thursday 11 June 2009


Arsenal will keep a keen eye on Inter Milan full-back Maicon after the Brazilian claimed Jose Mourinho is not paying him enough attention. Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is looking to overhaul his defence as he tries to end the club's barren run without a trophy and sees Maicon as an ideal signing.The 27-year-old has endured a difficult time at the San Siro since his move from Monaco in 2006 and he has struggled to cement a first team place at the San Siro.

Wenger could be in luck because the versatile defender, who can play in the centre of defence as well as right-back, fears he is getting frozen out by Mourinho.

"Inter have been disregarding me for three years. It's just that I am tired of being neglected," Maicon said.

While Maicon has not ruled out staying at Inter, he says things must change quickly or he will be forced to engineer a move elsewhere, with England a likely destination.

"Inter have kept silent and this behaviour hurts me," he added.

"I have asked my agent to do everything possible to give me back my happiness. I am seeking joy at Inter or at another club. Is that too much to ask?"

Followers

Design by www.typegoalz.com