Arsenal and Manchester City set to do battle for Brazil star  

Tuesday 24 March 2009


Arsenal and Manchester City are reportedly trailing Fiorentina midfielder Felipe Melo.

The Brazil international, 25, has been monitored by Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger since his days with Almeria and his form in Serie A this season has also attracted City's interest.

Melo said: 'Yes, I know that Arsenal, Manchester City and Juventus are following me, but my agent is dealing with these issues. I only think about playing.

Last December Melo admitted he would rather join Arsenal than Chelsea, saying: 'For me, Arsenal re more prestigious than Chelsea.

'But I have four years left on my contract with Fiorentina and I am a Fiorentina player. The future is in the hands of God. I only have to think about doing my job well.'

Arsenal got a chance to see Melo close up when he made his Brazil debut at the Emirates Stadium in February.

The midfielder impressed in the 2-0 defeat of world champions Italy and has been called up for his countries World Cup qualifiers in the next week.

Followers

Design by www.typegoalz.com