Arsenal set to bid newcastle utd player  

Wednesday 11 March 2009


Arsenal reportly today have been persuade for bid £10m for United star player. the players already have been play in the regular first team and the Magpies are ready to offer the French youngster a new deal to reward his outstanding debut campaign.

However arsenal already have many player in that position and it remind me in senderos and djourou who have been play in a good season. or foe me someone else could be sell to let a new player for join in.

Sebastien Bassong has admitted he would be "interested" in a move to Arsenal – but says he is "100 per cent focused" on Newcastle United's fight against relegation.

But Arsene Wenger is reportedly lining up a £10m bid for the centre-half, who cost United just £1.5m when Kevin Keegan signed him from Lens in the summer.

"Newcastle want to make me sign a contract extension," Bassong admitted. "I'm waiting to see what they're going to offer me.

"My agent told me about Arsenal's interest. But I don't think now is the moment to speak about it.

"I must be focused on my football, and at the end of the season we will see what happens then.

"At the moment I'm 100 per cent focused on Newcastle, and I don't see any reason why this would change.

"I would lie if I said Arsenal are not a club I'm interested in. But many things can happen before we can speak about a transfer."

Bassong has been a revelation at centre-back since being invited originally for a trial by Keegan trial in the summer.

The 22-year-old first got into the team at left-back, but since his move into the centre of defence he has regularly outshone £10.5m partner Fabricio Coloccini, who arrived on Tyneside from Deportivo La Coruna in the summer with a bigger reputation.

Bassong's current deal runs until 2011, but United want to offer improved terms to keep him at St James's Park.

He is believed to be one of the lowest-paid first-team players at the club, and Newcastle are aware that he is attracting interest from other clubs.

Followers

Design by www.typegoalz.com