success rather than big money  

Saturday 21 February 2009


Robin van Persie has reiterated his desire to sign a new contract with Arsenal, but only after he receives assurances from the club over its ambitions.

The Dutchman’s current deal with The Gunners expires at the end of next season and he has been in talks with the north London outfit for some time with regards to negotiating a new agreement.

Van Persie has repeatedly stated his intentions to put pen to paper with Arsene Wenger’s side, but he is seeking guarantees that Arsenal harbour the same ideas as he does in terms of achievements.

The 25-year-old says money is not the deciding factor in the delay of a new contract being signed, more the agreement between player and club on what will be done by the latter to realise Van Persie’s aims.

“Financially the last offer made by the club is fine but that isn’t everything for me,” Van Persie was quoted as saying by The Sun.

“It’s about my ambitions and how they can be fulfilled in the coming years. The club and I want the same and it is our intention we achieve that.

“Arsenal have promised me they will do everything possible to make that extra step to a level where we win prizes on a regular basis.

“In the last four years I’ve had only one prize, the FA Cup, and that’s not enough.

“I want to achieve more and I feel I can play an important role in bringing Arsenal to a higher level.”

Followers

Design by www.typegoalz.com